Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a groovy "do'




I have really got the blues today, so thought I would do a little blog therapy. Alexis left for Rexburg today, and I found myself crying through yoga, which was not induced from the trying poses, but by memories of doing yoga with Lexie. The yogamaster says some things that really crack us up sometimes, and we always have a good laugh about it. She never makes fun of me when I tip over or lose my balance. She is very good at yoga and also cheering me up each day. I cried my way through it, and am trying to get on with the day. She and Dad should be there later tonight, and I can visualize their route and am praying them there. No one ever told me how tough it was when your children leave home, but I am warning my children now, that an empty nest is very overrated. I miss you all!!!
Anyway, just before Alexis left, she got a really rad haircut with all kinds of layers and shaping. I just had to catch her styling her new do. It looks great!!! At first I don't think she was too sure about it because it is really short at the crown, but today as she left, she just combed it after her shower and it was so darn cute! We both think it looks better than when she tried to style it. So bon voyage my sweetie...I hope you have a blast there with all your friends. Maybe tomorrow I will open your bedroom door and look in, but not today.

5 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Aahh...so sad Lexi is gone..I know how much you love to have her there. Hope your day was a good one. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Cute hair cut! I'm sorry you are left behind! I hope teaching seminary keeps your mind occupied. Love you!

Alexis Hale said...

Wahh! I missed doing yoga with you sooo much this morning!
I love you so much!!!

mtlarsen's said...

oh!! how sad!!

Perez Family said...

I so sorry mom. I love you very much and I hope that we can hang out whenever possible!! Keep your chin up ok. It will all be alright. Hang in there.