Friday, June 6, 2008

Budd and Faelela, 62 years...




Yesterday I called and wished my parents a happy 62nd anniversary. My mom was asleep and probably won't remember that it was a special day, but my dad was there taking care of her, just as he has for 62 years. My grandmother, Thurza, told him that she was so relieved that Faelela had chosen to marry him because she knew that my dad would always take care of her. He loved my grandma like his own mother, and so he has always taken care of mom, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, he is still there taking care of her. I am grateful to them for choosing to marry in the temple, for being born in the covenant, and for being raised in the gospel. I know the angels are helping my dad take care of mom now. Happy anniversary Budd and Faelela.

2 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Aahh...Happy Anniversary to them and how sweet to wish them one...sweet words from a devoted daughter...love you, Mel

Unknown said...

I love these pictures of Grandpa and Grandma. It was nice of you to remember their anniversary. You've always been so good at that. I wonder why I'm not so good at that! Love you.