Thursday, April 24, 2008

Family Ties
























































Last Friday Alexis and I headed off to Rexburg so she can attend summer term. She drove her car and followed me. It was a long, but enjoyable trip. Her new apartment is so cute and I enjoyed spending the night with her. It was hard to say goodbye the next day, and I miss her so much already. I drove to Sandy on Saturday to pick up Brooke, and we met my brother Jim and my Dad in Bountiful where we attended a 90th birthday party for our cousin Jane Argyle Page. What a tender reunion she and my Dad enjoyed there. We enjoyed the party and also drove around Centerville and Bountiful looking at old family homes and reliving some memories. We stayed with Melanie and Curtis. and had a wonderful visit that evening. Dad and Jim left the next day and I stayed on. Brooke came down every day and Taylor came every evening. Some highlights were: volunteering in Kelcie's class with Mel ( the teacher adores them both), going to swimming with Kelcie, Brynn, and Sara, (they are so good at it!), eating lunch out, (Curtis' treat), crafting with Melanie and Brooke, playing with and cuddling my sweet girls, (Brooke and Taylor did a lot of that too), and enjoying all the good conversations and time with them all. Chester was a lot of fun too! I came home yesterday and had a great drive. Altogether 1,800 miles-not too bad! I am so grateful for all my children and grandchildren-they are the BEST and I am so BLESSED!!!

3 comments:

Alexis Hale said...

Wow, it was way fun to read about all the fun things you did in Utah! And that you were able to see Grandpa, and Jim, and other Argyles! That's way cool.
I'm so glad you had a safe trip and everything! You are the best, and thank you so much for everything!!!
I love and miss you!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see these photos! Of course, it makes me sad that I couldn't have been there. I've got to find a way to get you to come here! You look more like Jim in that picture of you two then I've ever seen. I'm glad you are home safe and sound! Love you!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Love the Pictures...Sold the Disney book!!! Thank you so much for your help before you left...Wish you could be here...Talk to the Yarmins, it would be so cool to have you here..maybe even Cheryl could visit more or longer...I can only hope!!! Thank you again for taking the time to visit and be "grandma" and "mom,friend and daughter" I Love You...Mel