Monday, August 25, 2008

Climbing Mt. Scott






















Dad had to work until noon this past Saturday, so when he got home he asked if there was something I would like to do for the rest of the afternoon. Well, I have been wanting to climb Mt. Scott for as long as I can remember, so I suggested that we go mountain climbing there. I know he thought it was complete folly as we headed out to Crater Lake to climb to the highest point at the park, just under 9,000 feet. We didn't get started until after 3:00pm and it was 2.5 miles to the summit. In the picture of the mountain there is a small lookout just barely visable on top. That was our goal, and it was quite an ascent. The views were spectacular, and we made the summit in less than 1 1/2 hours!! It was absolutely awesome up there!!! I can't wait to take my visiting children and grandchildren there. It is a 360 degree view of Crater Lake, Klamath lake and marsh, Diamond Peak and lake, and everything in between. The smells were incredible, & the vistas were unforgettable. What a great afternoon we enjoyed together. I think I am ready for Mt. Mcgloughlin before the snow flies. What a great memory!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You did it!! Maybe by next summer I'll be in shape enough I can actually hike the darn thing. I can almost smell it now...

Straight to Your Hart said...

Good for you guys!! Love the pictures. Hopefully next year we can hike it with you..Love you.

Alexis Hale said...

Wow! You were right - That mountain looks crazy killer to climb! Go you!!! Hahah!

Perez Family said...

Can't wait to climb it with you mom!! I'll be REALLY skinny by then!! Love you and Dad!!!
Tonia

mtlarsen's said...

IT looks like way too much work!!!