Sunday, August 10, 2008

Which came first?...


The chicken or the egg? At Grandma's house the chicks came this past spring and 2 days ago came the first egg. Mel's family had just left for home last Friday, and so to console myself, I took a treat out to my chickens. There it was - the first egg! It was small, but surely felt like a miracle as I held it. It is such a pretty blue- green color, (the picture doesn't do it justice.) I only wish the girls would have been here to find it with me. I talked to Sara on the phone and she was worried that there might be a chick in there but I assured her there was not. She also couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of a blue- green egg. She kept correcting me saying"you mean white don't you?" I found another one today, and so it begins...the treasure hunt every day now.

2 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Brynn>. "Did she eat it already?"
Sara>. "Grandma said it was blue."
Brynn>. "I love the egg and nice picture."
Sara>. "Grandma, I love you and the egg."

Mom>."So happy the chickens are finally paying for their room and board-te-he." Lots of Loves

Unknown said...

Oh, I wish we would have seen those eggs...they are beautiful! I'm so glad they are laying eggs now. Wish we were there to eat them with you.