Monday, August 18, 2008

Time for a cool change...
























Dad, Alexis, and I took a leisurely weekend trip to the beach a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice to cool down and get out of the smoke for awhile. We went to some of our favorite beaches, ate seafood, and did some hiking. Just before we left, the local Kiwanis club was hosting a public BBQ salmon feast at Bastendorf Beach. That was the freshest, tastiest salmon I have ever eaten! Yummy! We also saw more starfish than I have ever seen in any of the trips we have made and they were beautiful! We had an adventure driving home back across the mountains from Gold Beach to Grants Pass on a one lane, ridge-running , 20 mph scenic route. I love the beach!!!

2 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Aahhh refreshing...makes me want to be there. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Gosh, the weather looked perfect and the water even didn't look so cold! I can almost smell the salmon too. I really love the beach.